Quiche

I really need to learn to make my own pie crust. If any of my 2 or 3 readers has a link for me, I would be your best friend.
The beauty of this recipe is you can use whatever cheese, meat and veggies you have on hand. A little of this, a little of that, also a good vehicle for weird CSA veggies according to my sister.

uncooked 8 or 9 inch pie crust
3/4 c. shredded cheese
4 eggs
1 c. 1/2 & 1/2
spices to your liking I usually use nutmeg, pepper, cayenne and 1/2 tsp salt

If you have a lot of filling cut back to 3 eggs and 3/4 c. 1/2 & 1/2. Do no over fill your quiche!

Put cheese and fillings in the bottom of your pie crust.
Whisk the eggs together with the 1/2 & 1/2 and spices, pour over top.
Bake at 450 for 15 minutes and then 325 for 30 minutes of until the quiche is set.

Make sure that whatever you add is already cooked. Alton Brown has a bunch of tasty sounding combinations.
Cooked spinach, cheddar cheese, cubed cooked ham
Bacon, Sauteed leeks, and Gruyere cheese
Cooked spinach, canned artichoke hearts, and Parmesan cheese
Roasted chicken, goat cheese, and sun-dried tomatoes
Blanched asparagus and smoked salmon
Port Salut and Spam

Comments

  1. i have several good recipes for crust. recipe to follow relatively soon

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts