Tuna Avocado Salad

I saw this a few weeks ago and knew it was right up my alley. I was hoping it would be like a stuffed avocado from a deli near my parent's house. It was exactly that and possibly even better.

If you click on the link, the recipe called for mayo but I accidentally left it out, a mistake I'll make permanent. I served over spinach and field greens and thick cut tomatoes topped with a tiny bit of balsamic vinegar.

2 avocados
lemon juice
2 7oz cans tuna, drained
1/2 onion, finely diced
2 carrots, finely chopped
2 celery stalks, finely chopped
1 clove garlic
salt, pepper, dill

Mash the avocados in a large bowl and add some lemon juice and stir to combine.
Add in the remaining ingredients and season to taste with more salt, pepper and dill.
To store in the fridge, press some plastic wrap to the surface to prevent it from browning (and make sure to use enough lemon juice in the first step too).

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts