Bran muffins

Updated the recipe with this one since we've made it several times now.  We keep citrus peel in the freezer and add it to recipes just like this.

A Christmas morning tradition growing up. 
2 c. All Bran cereal 
1 1/4 c. milk 
1 egg 
1/4 c. oil 
1 1/4 c. flour 
1 tbs baking powder 
1/2 tsp salt 
1/2 c. sugar 
1/2 tsp cinnamon 
2-3 wide strips of orange peel 
Optional add ins- 1/2 c chopped dates, chopped apple or raisins 

Combine the cereal and milk in a large mixing bowl, stir and let sit 30 minutes. 
Add the oil and egg and stir well. 
Add in the dry ingredients (flour through orange peel) and stir just enough to combine, do not over mix. Fold in the add ins if desired. 
Pour into greased muffin tins or use baking cups. 
Bake at 400 for about 20 minutes of until a toothpick comes out clean when you prick the center

Edit-
I thought I messed up with the old recipe and then I checked out the new recipe.  I tried to fix it by adding a little more milk to the old recipe.  They turned out awesome!  Nice and tall.  Going to write down what I had before just in case my oops was a good thing.  
Only changes from above were
1 1/2 cups flour 
2 1/4 tsp baking powder
shorted the sugar because, high altitude
and I added a few extra tablespoons of milk because it seemed too dry.

Comments

Popular Posts