Pumpkin bread pudding with Creme Anglaise and Spicy Caramel Apple Sauce

It's no secret, I have a crush on Ree aka The Pioneer Woman. When she posted on her blog that she was going to appear on Bobby Flay's Throwdown on the Food Network, I was giddy. Not going to lie, I kinda like seeing Bobby Flay getting schooled when he tries to one up a classic dish where the competitor has the serious upper hand. This hour long show appeared just before Thanksgiving as part of their Thanksgiving special featuring....a Thanksgiving menu. I'll spare you the suspense, Ree won the battle but when she posted the recipe on her blog and when her daughter was caught on tape saying how good this recipe was, it was decided, Bijou was going to make this recipe sometime. Soon!!

Here's the thing. It takes quite a bit of work so plan ahead and it has a lot of parts.
Pumpkin bread
The custard for the bread pudding
Then a sauce
And another sauce

So I'm not going to try and recap the recipe here. Just do me a favor, click on over and make it.

Comments

Popular Posts