Better than restaurant coleslaw


From Susi's Kochen und Backen Adventures


My kids love coleslaw. Semi-random I know but instead of buying little containers that are gone in two days, I found this make at home version. I've cut down on the sugar a little bit here since I think it was a little too sweet as written.

16 oz shredded cabbage, about half a large cabbage
1-2 shredded carrots
1/3 cup red onion, finely minced
2 1/2 tbs sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
cayenne pepper to taste
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sour cream
1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice

Combine the cabbage, carrots and onions in a large bowl.
In a separate bowl, combine the sugar, salt, pepper, cayenne, milk, mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, and lemon juice, whisk until smooth.
Pour mixture over the coleslaw and onion, stir well and chill for at least 1 hour.

Comments

Popular Posts