Avocado Gazpacho

A summer staple I just need to figure out how to make it in smaller batches. It makes enough to feed a small army.
I totally guessed at this recipe. I saw it on Diners, Drive Ins and Dives on their visit to Zia Diner in Santa Fe, NM and thought it looked good.

1 small yellow squash
1 small zucchini
1 small onion
1 red bell pepper
Pulse until finely chopped in your food processor

4 finely diced and seeded roma tomatoes
2 ears of grilled corn
3-4 avocados diced, divided
a bunch of cilantro, chopped
and a jalepeno pepper if you like the heat
2 cloves chopped garlic
lime juice, salt and black pepper to taste

Fold everything together. Again in your food processor, blend 2 avocado with 1/2-3/4 c cold ice water to make your puree.
Add puree to the vegetables and spices and then add water until you get your desired consistency (I think I used 2 c. total).

Taste for salt, pepper and lime juice again before you serve.

Note-I left out the jalapeƱo pepper since my spicy meter is broken and used Tabasco to taste and it was fine. Very tasty in fact this way.

Comments

Popular Posts