Pressure cooker lentil soup

I've made lentil soup twice now, this is the one that I liked.

From Delish

1 large onion, chopped
1 medium carrot, peeled and chopped
2 stalks of celery, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 1/2 cups rinsed green lentils
1 14.5 ounce can of diced tomatoes
2 tsp fresh thyme
1 tsp Italian seasoning (basil, parsley, oregano)
salt and pepper
4 1/2 cups veggie or chicken broth
4 cups baby spinach (I might have used frozen spinach, less than half a small bag)
Parmesan cheese for serving

To the pressure cooker, add in onion through broth and stir to combine
Set the pressure cooker to manual and then cook for 20 minutes at high pressure
Use the quick release valve once the timer goes off
Remove the lid and stir in the spinach, the residual heat will cook/thaw the spinach
Check for seasoning and then serve with parmesan if desired

Edit 10/2020-
It needs a little more time so I increased the time by two minutes and will judge it again.  It also wasn't very brothy so I added a little more broth to the recipe.  I'll keep adjusting until we get it right.

Edit 9/2021-
Added in a half a smoked sausage cubed into 1/2 inch bites

Comments

Popular Posts