Macaroni, tomato, corn and basil salad

Can you tell I'm a fan of epicurious yet? I spent a lot of my early cooking time on this website. It rarely let me down.

1 1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
4 medium tomatoes, cut into thin wedges
5 green onions, thinly sliced
1 cup thin slices halved English hothouse cucumber
1 cup fresh corn kernels or frozen, thawed
1 cup (packed) fresh basil leaves
1/3 cup plain nonfat yogurt
3 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 garlic cloves, peeled

Cook macaroni in medium saucepan of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite and drain.
Transfer macaroni to large bowl.
Add tomatoes, green onions, cucumber and corn.
Blend basil, yogurt, mayonnaise, lime juice and garlic in processor until basil is finely chopped.
Add basil dressing to macaroni mixture and toss to blend.
Season salad with salt and pepper.

Toddler review update 2/16/2011-
I made some to go along with sliders, the older toddlers loved it even though I ran out of tomatoes and subbed in some red bell pepper 'cause it's red and I know they like it. The smallest toddler wouldn't touch it. Oh well, 2 out of 3 aint bad.

Update 5/8/2011-
Three toddlers dove into this before they tried their hotdogs. I had to up the pasta so I updated a guess on how much I used above. No other substitutions made.

Comments

Popular Posts