Things not to cook so much

I usually ask the kids to help come up with a menu.  If they each pick one thing, that's almost the whole week taken care of.  This week, someone suggested Shepard's pie.  Good for a snowy night in with the fire on but not great for nights when the temp gets into the high 80's.  Instead, we have this

Brats, Roesti, red cabbage (I'll say it again, it makes this mom happy that my kids love red cabbage)
Hamburgers with zucchini fries and regular fries (we had seasoned fries once when the stores were bare since it's all they had.  Turns out, they are delicious so I found them again)
Hiyashi chuka 
Crunch wraps
Brinner (trying to recreate some pancakes from our fave bfast spot)
Fried rice with chinese sausage as the protein
And pizza that we didn't get to last week (cold rise in the fridge for 2 days, with fresh basil that finally has taken off in my inside containers.  Outside basil isn't too far behind.)

Baking project this week is going to be this buttery, sugary, delicious thing (Cinnamon crunch braid)

And dilly beans since I have some fresh dill to use up (also coming up in the garden)


Comments

Popular Posts