Japanese curry rice

I don't even know what prompted me to try to make Japanese curry recipe other than I love curry and I know my kids love rice.  Turns out, it's also a favorite of my brother's.  His wife makes him katsu curry every year for his birthday.  We mix half sweet and half medium which is the perfect blend in my opinion.

Recipe from the box of curry-

Cut everything into small sizes-

10 ounces of peeled potato
1 large onion
5 or 6 large chopped carrots
2 pounds chicken
oil for cooking
5 cups water
1-7.8 ounce box Japanese curry roux
corn, if desired

Heat oil in a large pot and cook veggies and meat and cook everything for about 5 minutes
Add water and bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until the veggies are tender
Add the curry, breaking up into cubes and simmer 5 minutes stirring constantly
Serve over rice

Toddler review-
Thumbs up from all three little ones.  This makes a lot so we put a container in the freezer for later.  It made a for a quick dinner a week later, just thaw and warm up while you cook the rice.  Another big hit. 

Comments

Popular Posts