Catching up

I realize I didn't update there for a few weeks.  Life got in the way and I didn't update but rest assured, we are back.

This week-
Lasagna
Tortellini and sauce
Chicken enchiladas
Pizza at the birthday party for little man
Left overs/ take out
Hot dogs and french fries
Turkey day

The last one has a story.  We decided several weeks ago that we were going to do a non traditional Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday.  We were traveling and we didn't want to cook a big dinner.  We decided on raclette.  We had the usual fare plus marinated steak, chicken and shrimp.  On Friday. we had another dinner party with Cornish game hens, wild rice and broccoli casserole, stuffing, green beans and rolls.
I met my kids for lunch on Wednesday at their school for a Thanksgiving feast.  When I explained to Little Man that we weren't having turkey on Thanksgiving, he almost burst into tears.  "But it's not Thanksgiving if you don't have turkey!"  He had another meltdown that night.  He was really upset that we weren't having turkey.  Instead, we're going to make our our feast with some of the fixings next weekend.  I think we'll just do a boneless turkey breast and roast it, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing and some kind of veggie.

Comments

Popular Posts