Pesto pasta, Noodles and Company inspired

A few weeks ago, I grabbed Noodles for the kiddos and I since H was working super late and wouldn't be home to make us dinner.
The kiddos split macaroni and cheese and some marinara.  I picked up Pesto Cavatappi with Parmesan crusted chicken and ended up splitting my food with all three.  They brought up the yummy pesto dish several times the following week and then I set my Google skills on finding a copycat version.  We made this last week with great success.  We improvised a little so taste and adjust to your liking.

1 lbs cooked and drained pasta, cavatappi or penne are our favorites
4 1/2 oz seeded roma tomatoes, thinly sliced (about 3)*
3 oz cooked mushrooms (we used shitakes with a little thyme, salt and pepper, about 10 medium mushrooms)
finely chopped sundried tomatoes*
1/2 c. dry white wine
3/4 c. heavy cream
pesto
Parmesan cheese to top

Once the pasta is cooked, toss with the tomatoes and mushrooms in a large pan over medium heat.
Add the wine and cook until it's absorbed.
Add the heavy cream and cook some more.
Add the pesto and stir to combine.
Top with more parmesan and serve.

*
Update from 12/2021.  We have one family member who doesn't like tomatoes very much so we left them out.  I had to add something else so I found some sun dried tomatoes instead.  Added chicken for protein.  It was amazing.  I added red pepper flakes to mine for heat.  Highly recommend.


Comments

  1. yay! we're getting a noodles here in the SC! sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts