Chimichurri

I'm making chimichurri chicken and rice today for lunches for myself this week and wondered how that chimichurri matched up to the one I've already made.  Gasp, I never posted it before.  I thankfully remembered where I'd found it though.  With any more delay, chimichhuri sauce.

This is terrific on top of grilled steak though it would probably be good on top of grilled veggies and rice and salad though too.

From Skinnytaste

2 tbs chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
2 tbs chopped fresh cilantro
3 tbs finely diced red onion
1 clove minced garlic
3 tbs olive oil
2 tbs cider or red wine vinegar
1 tbs water
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
red pepper flakes to taste

Combine all in a small bowl and let sit at least a few hours to let the flavors meld.
This can be made ahead and used the next day.


Comments

Popular Posts