And now for something a little different

I don't normally post pictures of food but these three dishes were outstanding.

Carne asada fries.  I bought the carne asada already marinated and it came with little bits of onions and garlic.  We baked the fries and added the cheese and meat about 5 minutes before they were done.  Kids added guacamole (Alton Brown recipe) and sour cream.  Adults added some more diced onion, chopped cilantro and salsa.


Philly cheesestakes  for lunch before the wild card games.    We cheated and used rare deli roast beef but it's something we'll do again.   We slowly cooked a large sliced onion and 2 kinds of peppers.  Mr. PB&C warmed the meat and veggies for a little bit in a pan and then added the cheese and let it melt a little.  We had toasted hoagie rolls and very happy tummies.


Later that night, we made sushi.  We were going to head to the Asian market but everyone was sick so we made rolls with shrimp tempura and CA rolls instead.  The rice was perfect so I'm happy with my recipe.  My rolling is getting better too but I need more practice with inside out rolls.  The kids ate veggie rolls, a CA roll that I didn't tell them about and then the leftover tempura shrimp.  Adults had the same with the addition of these rolls.  Tempura shrimp, avocado and this one had a little cucumber it looks like.

Comments

Popular Posts