Cream soup substitute

From Mel's Kitchen Cafe

I like this cream soup substitute better than a pantry stable one I've tried before.  It only takes 5 minutes and I have all the ingredients on hand.  I have a large supply of dried mushrooms in my freezer so I usually add in a few.


3/4 cup low salt chicken broth
pinch of ground sage and thyme
1/4 tsp onion powder
pinch of garlic powder
black pepper to taste
1 tbs finely chopped dried mushrooms or minced onion flakes (optional)
1/4 tsp salt
pinch of paprika
pinch of dried parsley
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup flour

In a small saucepan, bring broth through parsley in a simmer.
In a glass measuring cup, mix together the milk and flour until combined.
Slowly pour the milk and flour in a stream.
Cook until the mixture thickened, about 3-4 minutes.



Comments

Popular Posts