Sourdough discard crackers

 There's a long long story about why I have 5 jars of sourdough in the fridge but I won't get into it.


I have a lot of discard.  These crackers were easy to put together and have a very similar look as Wheat Thins.  I added a little sugar and nutrional yeast to this last batch and I think I need to add more next time.

From King Arthur Flour


1 cup (227 g) sourdough discard 

1 cup (113 g) whole wheat flour

4 tbs room temperature butter

1/2 tsp flakey salt

2 tbs fresh herbs if you want but we like it with 

some amount of nutritional yeast

and some amount of sugar (I'll measure the last two at a later time)


Mix the discard, flour, salt, butter, and other add ins to make a shaggy my smooth fough

Divide in half, make into a vaguley rectangle shape, and put in the fridge for 30 minutes to rest

Prepare two sheets of parchment paper

Lightly flour them and then roll out to 1/16 inch thick, it's ok to have shaggy edges but try and keep it in a rectangular shape if you can 

Move the parchemnt to a sheet pan 

Brush lightly with a little oil and top with more flakey salt

Using a pizza cutter, cut into 1 1/4 inch squares and prick each one once with a fork

Repeat with the other cracker dough 

Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes, roatating the pans halfway through cooking 

Store in a ziptop bag or in the fridge

Comments

Popular Posts