Lemon pasta

 From Mamma Culinaria 


500 grams angel hair or capellini pasta

3-4 cups simmering and salted water

3 lemons, zested and juiced (maybe 1/2 cup)

2 tbs olive oil

2 tbs butter

as much pepper flakes as you would like

4 chopped cloves of garlic

large pinch of salt

a bunch of basil


You're going to cook this pasta in a large frypan, adding ladles of hot simmering water to the pasta like you would risotto.  Since the pasta is super thin, it should take about the same time as bringing water to a boil and then cooking the pasta.  This way, you also get the emulsifying magic of the pasta starch making for a really tasty lemon sauce.


Start your water or broth, if you'd like and keep at a simmer.  I had to add a little water and bring it back to a boil when I thought I was running low.  I'll keep this updated when I can better guess the amount next time

To your large dry pan, add in the olive oil, butter, red pepper flakes, garlic, and salt

Cook over medium heat for a few minutes until the garlic is soft but not burned

Add your pasta and shake to coat all the pasta with your sauce

Add in ladles of the water and cook until it's absorbed

When your pasta is al dente, add in one more ladle full of water and then over low heat add the basil, lemon zest and lemon juice and stir to combine, adding more water to the pan if you want it saucier

Top with cheese, and more lemon zest if you'd like


I was going to make this for my lunches this week but realized late on a Sunday that we didn't have many options for lunch.  I made this and then sat down to enjoy it.  I didn't get to put away leftovers.  People loved it and had seconds for as long as it lasted.  Will be making this again.

Comments

Popular Posts