Corn salsa

 We added this salsa to our taco night.  It's also great with just chips as well.  10/10

Adapted from Culinary Hill 

2 cups of corn kernels

1 poblano pepper, roasted, peeled, seeded, and finely chopped

1/2 cup red onion, finely diced

chopped cilantro, as much as you like

lemon juice to taste

lime juice to taste

fresh or pickled jalapeno pepper to taste

salt to taste

hot sauce to taste


Mix everything together and taste

I do a lot of cooking by reading over the ingredients and the general proportions but then I wing it.  I look at the colors too.  if i need more purple, add more onion.  More green?  Add cilantro.  It wasn't spicy enough when I added the pickled jalapenos I had on hand.  I was heavy handed with some hot sauce and it was just right.  

Try and make this at least a few hours before to let the flavors mix together




Comments

Popular Posts