Meatballs

Since I always have to search for the recipe when I go to make meatballs, here's the version I use.

From The Kitchn.

I usually roast them in the oven but if I'm using them right away, I simmer in sauce.  I've used them both for pasta as well as meatball sandwiches.

1/2 cup milk (whole, 2%, or skim)
1/2 cup fine breadcrumbs
1 large egg 
1 teaspoon salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup finely minced Italian parsley
1 pound ground meat such as beef, pork, turkey, chicken, or veal, or a mix
1/2 cup finely chopped onion (or grated on a coarse grater) from 1 small yellow onion
1 clove garlic, finely minced


Pour the milk over the breadcrumbs in a large bowl and let sit while you make the rest of the meatballs.

Whisk egg in a small bowl then add to the breadcrumbs along with salt, pepper, onion, and parmesan and stir to combine.

Add the meat to the egg mixture and being careful not to overmix, combine using your hands.

Form into 1 1/2 inch diameter balls and place on a baking sheet.

Bake at 400 for 30-45 minutes or until cooked through.

To simmer in sauce, place rolled meatballs into simmering sauce for 30 - 35 minutes.

Comments

Popular Posts