Chai mix

From Budget Bytes

I made up some mix last weekend, the house smelled great as a result. I've cut back on the sugar a little bit here and I think I will continue to do so until I find the right amount. And also note, I always make my chai more than half milk and less than half chai mix.

4 bags black tea
1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
2 tbs Mulling spices*
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup sugar


Place four cups of water in a medium pot.
Add the cinnamon sticks, tea bags, whole cloves and ginger and bring to a boil.
Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
Remove from the heat and carefully strain out the tea bags and spices.
While the tea is still hot, stir in the sugar and vanilla.
Store the chai concentrate in the refrigerator until you are ready to use.
To make a drink, mix chai concentrate with milk and heat.

*orginal recipe called for 10 cloves and 4 cinnamon sticks, we use a mulling spice mix that has  allspice, mace, and cardamom additionally.

Comments

Popular Posts