Beef and Broccoli better version

 We have anther version of beef and broccoli on here but it uses the pressure cooker and this one does not.  I think we all enjoy this one a bit better too.  I found it on the clock app but she didn't write up a recipe.  I guessed at the recipe and it turns out, I did pretty good.  She wrote up the recipe on the other app though.

I thought there was too much sauce but everyone else liked it.  There were no leftovers, growing kids liked it so much.


A large flank steak cut across the grain into thin strips and then again into eating sized pieces

1 tbs cornstarch 

1/2 tsp baking soda

1 tbs oyster sauce (I was a little heavy on this)

1 tbs soy sauce 

1 tbs neutral oil 

grated garlic and ginger (I used powder because I was lazy)


Combine everything in a bowl or ziptop bag and marinate

We did this for 7-8 hours


 For the sauce 

1 1/2 cup broth 

1 tbs soy sauce

1 tbs dark soy 

1 tbs oyster sauce

1 tsp sesame oil 

1 tbs brown sugar (I'm really glad I didn't add more)

as much white pepper that you want 

MSG if desired, a tiny bit

Combine all this in a 2 cup measuring cup


Cornstarch slurry, equal parts water and cornstarch, about 1/3 cup total


If a wok, heat a little neutral oil and heat until very hot

Add on the beef in one layer if you can and cook one side until the edges start to brown then stir to cook the rest, you want the beef pieces pretty much all the way cooked 

Remove from the pan and add a little more oil back 

Cook some more chopped garlic and ginger over lower heat than before

Add in the Chinese cooking wine and cook to reduce a little bit

Add in your broccoli and toss to coat

Cover and cook until the broccoli is bright green and to your desired doneness

Add in the sauce and stir to coat everything

Add in the corn starch and cook until it's thickened

Add in the meat and stir to coat 

Serve with green onions if desired


Comments

Popular Posts