Vietnamese coffee

 I won't tell you how long I've had this Vietnamese coffee in my pantry.  Just say that it almost gone after I found this recipe.  


Can be made in a French press, pour over cup, or in my case, a cold coffee infuser.  I usually double it (and share with Mr. PB&C) and make it at night.  I like it as a cold drink in the morning, undiluted from the melting ice.

From Hot Thai Kitchen, now adapted

For one coffee-

3 tbs coffee grounds

3/4 cup boiling water

pinch of salt 

1 tbs sweetened condensed milk 

1 tsp sugar

2-3 tbs of milk, half and half, or evaporated milk (this is the preferred method)


Brew your coffee for 5 mins in whatever way you would like

Add the salt, condensed milk, and sugar and stir to dissolve

To serve, pour your coffee over a lot of ice, top with milk, as much as you would like



Comments

Popular Posts