Cilbir

 From Alpha Foodie


I made this one morning for myself, I didn't think anyone else would like to try it.  I saw this on segment on how the world eats eggs and this one comes from Turkey.  I talked the egg eating kids in my life to try some poached eggs with paprika butter the next time I made it but they didn't want the yogurt part.  I made it again the following week and one kid wanted eggs with the yogurt too.  The other was def sneaking yogurt with the leftover toast they had.

This is kinda vague, this is enough for two

In a small ramekin, mix about 1/2 cup of plain yogurt with 1 clove finely minced garlic and season slightly with salt and pepper

In a small pan, melt 2 tbs of butter and add in 2 tps paprika and stir until until combined, you do not want to burn the spices (I use half sweet and half smoked paprika)

Poach your eggs in very shallow water for 2-3 minutes or until the yolks are set to your liking (watch the YT video link above for reference)

I serve with yogurt on the bottom, then eggs and top everything with a generous amount of paprika butter (I didn't use it all but it just makes next breakfast that much easier) and toast or pita on the side

If you've got some spinach in your fridge, cook up and serve on the side with more butter for a colorful breakfast or brunch

Comments

Popular Posts