Miso soup

From Use Real Butter.  

I've made this many times now.  If I save some tofu cubes in the freezer, I'll have everything on hand to make this anytime the kiddos want it.  I halve this all the time if only a few people want this for lunch.  And according to my SIL V, do not boil your miso!

For Mr. PB&C cut back on the amount of hondashi and wakame when making this for kids.  This recipe is for 4-6 adult servings.

3 tbs wakame
1 tbs hondashi granules
1/4 cup white miso
8 oz tofu diced into 1/2 inch cubes
2-3 sliced scallions

Soak the wakame in cold water for 5 minutes.
Drain and roughly chop then set aside.
Boil 6 cups of water then remove from heat and add the hondashi granules and stir until dissolved.
Stir together in a small bowl 1/2 cup of the dashi you just made plus the miso and set aside.
Add the drained wakame and tofu to the dashi and simmer for 2 minutes over medium high heat.
Remove from heat and add the scallions and miso mixture.

Comments

Popular Posts