Freezer burritos

I've made breakfast burritos several times now.  My fave has eggs, cheese, roasted potatoes, sauteed onions and peppers, and sausage.  The kiddos like the most recent version I made with bacon instead of sausage.  For these, I use the smallest tortillas.  Roll up in foil and freeze.  To cook, remove the foil and wrap in a paper towel and defrost in the microwave for 45 seconds on 50% power and then full power for 45-50 seconds.  Test it out on in  your own microwave power and the volume of your burrito and adjust the timing as necessary.


For a non breakfast version, I made simple bean and cheese burritos.  Mr. PB& C and the little carnivore loved them.  

I made a batch of crockpot refried beans and mixed some of them with shredded Monterrey jack cheese, some diced green chiles and spiced it up with salt, black pepper, chili powder and garlic powder.   No measurements, sorry.  I used slightly larger tortillas so to cook, you need longer times to defrost and to cook.  I made about 10 big burritos.  

They were such a hit that I need to make some more.  With moo in the freezer, I'm going to some shredded beef and bean burritos.  


With the volume of beef here, I think I'll use all the beans and make a very large amount of burritos for the freezer.  

Comments

Popular Posts