Kombucha update

For the second round, I fermented with the SCOBY for 8 days, a little shorter than the first time.  I removed some of the tea and the SCOBY to a quart jar in the fridge.  My brewing is outpacing my consumption.  I still have unflavored kombucha to use as my starter for the next round as well.

I put all my kombucha in glass jars while I washed out the big jar and then added it back with some frozen mashed blueberries and about a 1 1/2 inch piece of grated ginger.  I let that sit for 2-3 days before I bottled again.  Another 3-4 days and then back into the fridge to enjoy later.  It's delicious!  A nice purple color with a little zing from the ginger.  This is exactly like my favorite brand from the grocery store.  I'm very very happy with the results.  I've pinned some other flavor combos as well .

Comments

Popular Posts